1. Where did the name come from?
The Vicerience Blouse, just like the title of The Collection, refers to the main protagonist in this collection. A Vicereine is a female representation of the monarchy in a country outside of her own. Although at times relaxed and casual, she must always remain polished. She is intelligent, demure and timeless. If you were to encapsulate these attributes into an item of clothing – you would produce the Vicereine neck-tie blouse.
2. What is the reason’s behind the design?
When designing this blouse, I had a clear image of the Vicereine. She is an extremely powerful, ambitious and respected woman. She is placed in a predominantly male role and excels at it.
I really wanted the piece to draw on masculine tones of a very traditional business shirt and feminise it. Instead of the strict collar – I chose to soften it with the tie-neck. Instead of exposing the buttons in the front – they were beautifully concealed as a woman should be. The hem was also rounded off as opposed to squaring hem, to add femininity to the blouse. I chose a french seam to polish all of the finishes inside the garment.
3. How to wear The Vicereine Blouse?
The Vicereine Blouse is one of the most versatile items of clothing a woman could have in her wardrobe.
– For day, it can be worn with a pair of jeans or casual pants. Try layering it with a crew neck or v-neck knit.
– For work, you could simply team the blouse with your favourite suit, skirt or blazer.
– For night, I love the idea of wearing this blouse with a pair of palazzo pants, a blazer over the shoulders and heels. Try wearing it underneath a dress with the bow tucked out at the neckline.
4. What body shape does it suit?
The blouse will work in two different ways for those who have a larger bust-line and those with a smaller bust-line. To read more, see our previous post.
5. How does Diana Kotb wear her Vicereine Blouse?
The Vicereine Blouse is a staple in my wardrobe.
As a working mother it is a great blouse to just pop on with a pair of palazzo pants and blazer/coat and be on my way. I don’t really have a lot of time to style outfits, so I just need great pieces that work well with everything.
I love wearing the Prim blouse when I want to feel feminine and light. It instantly lifts my mood and adds a little colour on a cold Autumns day. I team my Prim Vicereine blouse with a Diana Kotb Black Altas jacket, light denim washed boyfriend jeans and silver loafers. An easy option that will take me from day to night effortlessly.
Have a question about our products that you would like answered? Add the question to the “Leave a Comment” tab above and we will do our best to answer it!
Don’t forget to subscribe below to stay stylishly up to date with Diana Kotb.